1. Title: National Citizen Service (NCS) and Female Football Development (FFD) Coordinator
2. Salary: £15,000- £18,000 per annum dependent to experience
3. Type of Contract: Full Time – 1 Year Rolling Contact (Based on successful delivery and repeat funding of the programme)
4. Reporting to: Community Assistant Manager
5. Location: Exeter City Football Club, St James Park
6. Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
7. Closing Date: Friday 18th September 2015
8. How to Apply: Please send CV and Cover Letter by email to Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Exeter City FC Football in the Community is an independent charity affiliated to Exeter City Football Club and has recently secured a 3 year extended contract from the Engage 4 Life to deliver the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme. NCS is a programme for 16 and 17 year olds designed to help young people on their transition to adulthood and the roles they can play in their community.
This post involves leading, managing and delivering on all aspects of the National Citizen Service project on behalf of Exeter City FC Football in the Community.
The role will include regular liaison with schools and colleges across Exeter, East, Mid and South Devon as well as the Education Department within Exeter City FC Football in the Community. This role also requires the holder to line manage all sessional staff within this project. The role will also include other responsibilities for candidates, including coaching and coordination on the Female Football Development programme, which is a one year funded football delivery project through the Football League Trust to engage and retain women and girls over the age of 14. Previous experience working with young people in a school or community setting is essential. The role may also require a dedication to work on weekends, evenings and residentials should the charity require it. There is a minimum requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving licence as travelling across Devon will be part of this role.
10.1 To undertake an assistant role in the successful delivery of the NCS Programme in Exeter, East, Mid and South Devon on behalf of Exeter City FC Football in the Community.
10.2 To find and develop local partnership opportunities. Liaise with schools and colleges amongst others, in order to create recruitment opportunities for young people onto the NCS programme.
10.3 To help manage and recruit appropriate staff and volunteers to deliver the programme, including a group of youth volunteers to act as Ambassadors for the NCS programme.
10.4 To help recruit participants for the NCS programme that will run every spring, summer and autumn.
10.5 The collation and assessment of information on recruitment and sign up numbers.
10.6 To attend meetings and be a positive representative for Exeter City FC Football in the Community both internally and externally.
10.7 To undertake any other duties as required by the line manager.
10.8 To ensure appropriate safeguarding and health & safety practices are implemented and followed throughout the programme for all activities.
10.9 To book all necessary venues and arrange other resource needs – for example residential, transportation and equipment/kit.
10.10 To market the NCS programme through schools and colleges; use of existing forums and mechanism – e.g. Match day programmes, websites and on-going youth activities; and identification of innovative ways to attract young people onto the programme.
10.11 To coordinate with schools/colleges in relation to the Female Football Development (FFD) programme.
10.12 To manage part time staff to deliver the FFD programme.
10.13 To manage and input all data requirements for the FFD programme.
10.14 To attend all meeting with the Football League Trust in relation to the FFD. programme.
11. Person Specification
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A knowledge and understanding of the National Citizenship programme.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Football League Trust and the Female Football Development programme
- Educated to A level standard (or equivalent)
- In date child protection certificate (or willingness to update asap).
- Full UK Driving Licence
- A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel regularly and independently throughout the region.
- Educated to Degree standard.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- Experience of speaking in front of groups, particularly groups of children/young adults in schools/colleges.
- A proven track record of successful project management and implementation.
- An understanding of the issues faced by young people.
- Experience of writing reports and coordinating a monitoring and evaluation system.
- Experience of social network mechanisms including websites.
- Experience of Health and Safety and/or Welfare and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
To apply for this role please email a CV with a covering letter by 5.00pm on Friday 18 September 2015 to Jamie.email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview on Monday 21 September 2015.
In your covering letter you should draw on all relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and/or voluntary work and training to show how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job, which are set out on the above job description.
Exeter City FC Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two references will also be required. Applicants will, in addition be expected to undertake training appropriate to the role.