Exeter City FC Football in the Community
Marketing and Communication Manager
Full time – £18,000 - £21,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Exeter City FC Football in the Community to become a key part of the clubs community work. This is an all-encompassing role in which the job holder will be involved in the marketing, communications and administration of a wide range of community work. This post represents an opportunity for a committed and highly competent individual to join and perform a key function for the community scheme.
Working closely with a wide and diverse network of partners and communities, Exeter City FC Football in the Community strive to promote and maximise the positive contribution that physical activity can make to people and their communities.
Working as part of a team your duties will include;
- Develop, gain approval and implement a social media and marketing communications programme for the charity encompassing all community projects
- To ensure all communications comply with brand guide lines and tone of voice so that the charity’s image, recognition and reputation is developed positively.
- To liaise with players regarding ambassadorial roles and to coordinate appearances and reporting of such with the ECFC Football Secretary.
- Processing requests and reporting on player appearances in line with the Football League and Professional Footballers Association (PFA) requirements.
- Managing the community databases/CRM system and produce copy to send out to partners/customers.
- Overseeing and supporting FITC staff with production of and wording on “forward-facing” documents such as afterschool club and holiday course flyers to ensure consistency of branding and message.
- Proof-reading and editing of FITC documentation.
- Directly line manage the Community Coordinator and regularly feedback positives and areas of concern to the Head of Community.
- Assist the Community Coordinator with the completion of the FLT Capability Status – to include policy and procedure writing and implementation.
- Support the community staff with the promotion and delivery of various events/activities through social media and press releases.
- Organise and manage all NCS graduation ceremonies in conjunction with the appropriate Assistant Manager.
- Develop relationships with all local key media contacts/personnel.
- Develop relationships with all appropriate national media partners.
- Manage and organise the FITC corporate box. To include themes for the games and invitations to guests.
- Liaising with the clubs media department for match day programme articles and other relevant publications.
- Support the team with the administration and management of the Exeter City FC Football in the Community website. Liaising with the website designers, Optix Solutions on improvements and modifications to the site.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers/supporters and be the point of contact for community services/activities.
- Develop and maintain a crisis management communication plan for the charity whilst integrating this into the Club’s plan
- Any other duties that your line manager might reasonably require you to undertake from time to time
We require someone with relevant previous experience who is able to ‘hit the ground running’, who is highly computer literate (MS Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and has exceptional customer service skills. A professional phone manner and a good level of written and verbal communication are essential as the job holder is required to liaise directly with the public on a daily basis. Marketing communication qualifications would be essential.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to Jamie Vittles, Exeter City FC, St James Park, Exeter. EX4 6PX or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date; Wednesday 09 December 2015
Please note interviews for this post will be held on Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 December 2015
Previous applicants for the Marketing and Communication Coordinator role need not apply.