Volunteering is a hugely valuable and rewarding experience for the volunteers and the communities they support.
More than 21 million people volunteer in the UK at least once a year, and this contributes an estimated £24bn to the UK economy.
How can I help?
Throughout the year Exeter CITY Community Trust have a number of Volunteering opportunities, which range from regular participation to one off events. Below you will find our current opportunities, although Volunteering is not limited to the list below.
Premier League Kicks
Exeter City's Premier League Kicks Project provides FREE sports coaching sessions to young people of ages 8-19 and is delivered over three areas of our community including Wonford, Cranbrook and Newton Abbot. The scheme aims to inspire more young people to get active within their local area and help them realise their potential. The scheme is funded by the Premier League and focuses on getting children active through a variety of sports. The project helps to support young people to progress into positive pathways whilst working alongside partners to create safe and strong communities.
The programmes will run during early evenings,term time only .
Volunteers are needed to help with either the sports sessions as well as the community centre non sports based activities.
Volunteer Minibus driver - Exeter City Ladies Football Team
Exeter City Ladies Football team have fixtures across the SouthWest primarily running from August to March.To enable the team to reach their fixtures they require the help of soemone who is able to drive a minibus.This could be on a regular or adhoc basis worked between a group of volunteers.
For further information please contact Ecfcladies@ecfc.co.uk
Volunteer Race Marshals
Exeter CITY Community Trust run a series of events throughout the year ranging in distance from 5k Fun runs through to full Marathon distance.
To enable us to keep the entrance costs to a minimum we would apprecuite the help of fellow runners and friends to either marshall or help with race day administration at registration etc.
As a thank you we would like to offer you free entry to a future running event.
For further information please contact email@example.com
If you would like to be considered for any opportunites please complete the attached form and return to Fitc.firstname.lastname@example.org with a breif description of your prefered area of volunteering.
Benefits for the volunteer:
- People who engage in altruistic activities (e.g. volunteering), report a greater sense of purpose and meaning in their lives.
- The NHS lists a number of health benefits relating to volunteering, including improved quality of life, improved ability to cope with ill health and improved self-esteem.
- Action for Happiness list ten key ingredients for a happy and fulfilling life: giving, relating, exercising, awareness, trying out, direction, resilience, emotions, acceptance and meaning. We feel confident that volunteering ticks these boxes!
- Volunteering is an opportunity to learn new skills, and can boost employment prospects.
- Volunteering can help to heal mental ill-health and addiction.